Introduction

This is my journal of the experience I had during my exchange in Rome. The University where I study for the time being is called LUISS Guido Carli which is a small and private but very renown university in Italy. This is a story about history, food and Italian way of life. We'll see how a average Finn from a town of 50000 people can handle the former capital of the world for 4 months...

tiistai 23. syyskuuta 2014

Roman flu and sounds from Vivaldi

I have begun to cope to the routines of studying and living in Rome. The weather still tends to be pretty hot but the forecast says that Autumn is soon falling upon Rome as well. One of the most interesting events I had was an evening in a Scottish pub on the day of the Referendum of Scotland. The atmosphere was very welcoming and we even managed to get a Scottish traveller to join our entourage for the evening – spontaneus cross-cultural get-together at best.


I don’t know if people usually wonder what kind of food exchange students make during their time abroad but for me, I have to say pasta. Every day I have tried to make different kind of pasta for dinner for I have to say, the variety of pasta at the Italian grocery stores is something so un heard of. The fact is that the Italians themselves eat pasta almost every day, but who can blame them.

Last Saturday, one of my dreams came true when I went to a concert where they played music of Vivaldi. It was very nice to spend an hour in an Anglican chruch and listen to this small orchestra playing extremely great violin music. 

After that, on Sunday I got a flu like most of the other students at LUISS. At the moment I am trying to get through with it but the thought of being sick on exchange is just so frustrating.

I hope I will get better before big ESN party which will be held in a villa next Friday. 

Sunny and stuffy greetings from the Eternal City!

PS. below some very bad quality photos of a statue in the middle of Piazza Barberini and a small picture from the concert.

 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti