Introduction

This is my journal of the experience I had during my exchange in Rome. The University where I study for the time being is called LUISS Guido Carli which is a small and private but very renown university in Italy. This is a story about history, food and Italian way of life. We'll see how a average Finn from a town of 50000 people can handle the former capital of the world for 4 months...

tiistai 9. syyskuuta 2014

Misfortuna e cucina italiana



Last weekend, which was my first as well, turned out to be hell of a time for misfortune. It turned out that I couldn’t stay in the apartment because I needed to sign a 12 month contract. I found a place to stay afterwards (with no wifi) but I still wonder why it turned out to be so. My Italian room mates in the first apartment should have told me this at the time I asked about it, not when I had already moved in...

Either way I found a room nearby my old apartment which way more ghetto-like than any other apartment I have lived in before. The landlord is very nice but the apartment itself is a mess. There is also another Finnish guy living here with me but that doesn’t help the feeling of living in a messed up apartment.

A trip to Ikea helped a little bit in making the room a little cosier but I am still choking on dust when trying to sleep. In Ikea I had a little bit of Scandinavian cuisine which made me feel like home again – that is Swedish meatballs! And on Sunday I also had a very tasty pizza near the Spanish steps. I have to say that when approaching the centre it feels like another world there with the masses of tourists. Anyway the coming week is going to be very busy as was the first one, due to Erasmus events and the ongoing intensive Italian language course. 

Mostly the beginning of the week has been a time of get-to-know and surviving the culture shock. But I still have my hopes full. The courses that I have managed to pick are very interesting mix of international relations and global mindedness. The courses are going to start next week and the ESN (Erasmus Student Network) activities will begin next thursday. A busy week overall!

Below in the pictures are some glimpses of the meals I have enjoyed in Rome so far. And also a picture of the largest lecture room we have in LUISS.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti