Introduction

This is my journal of the experience I had during my exchange in Rome. The University where I study for the time being is called LUISS Guido Carli which is a small and private but very renown university in Italy. This is a story about history, food and Italian way of life. We'll see how a average Finn from a town of 50000 people can handle the former capital of the world for 4 months...

lauantai 6. syyskuuta 2014

Italian, italian, italian and a little bit of Irish

In the end of the first week of my exchange I have managed to meet different kinds of people from all over the world. Some of the stereotypes have been proven right about different cultures and some more or less so. My Italian language crash course started with the basics and sometimes I find it very difficult to study it because the teachers have decided to speak only Dante's dialect (Italian) during the classes. The weather has continued to be sunny and warm and there has been no sign of it from ending.

I have to admit that when having a discussion about one's home country it is very difficult to promote for example a tiny country such as Finland. People seem to know pretty little about the nordic countries and it seems that most of the modern Europeans are quite Middle- and South Europe centered by their way of thinking.

The language course will continue next week with classes from 10am to 5pm every day. In the end of the week the Erasmus student organization will reward our hard work with trips to the countryside near Rome - I am really looking forward to get to a more fresh atmosphere. At the moment I cannot really say yet that I like living in a metropolis due to the chaotic way of life and extreme tightness but I will get used to it in time.

On 5.9. we and a couple other exchange students went strolling in the beautiful Rome in the darkness and lightness of the evening. And I must say, if you want to experience the best side of Rome go and walk around when its dark! Along with this we went to an Irish style pub near the Pantheon and had a very good time enjoying quality beers and very good whiskies as well.

On the bottom you can see some highlights of Rome in the evening. Until next time! Ciao!



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti