Introduction

This is my journal of the experience I had during my exchange in Rome. The University where I study for the time being is called LUISS Guido Carli which is a small and private but very renown university in Italy. This is a story about history, food and Italian way of life. We'll see how a average Finn from a town of 50000 people can handle the former capital of the world for 4 months...

torstai 4. syyskuuta 2014

First days of the exchange and coping with Roman lifestyle


 So at last I have enough time to write! These couple of days since my arrival have been very busy and exhausting. On 1.9. I arrived to Rome and stayed the night in a hostel searching for a suitable apartment. I managed to find one on the next day, went to see it and moved there on the same day. I stay with two Italian guys who study political science in the same Roman university where I am as an exchange student. On Tuesday I strolled around the main sights of the Roman center including the Coliseum, Forum Romanum and Santa Maria Maggiore. My student life in Rome started with the introduction of the University staff and the local Erasmus organization. In the end, there are only three Finnish exchange students present at the LUISS University, for example the Swedes are way numerous...

4.9. was the beginning of an Italian language crash course which started with an Italian test in the morning. Actually the test was about distributing the exchange students in to groups according their knowledge of Italian language. I had studied a little Italian back in Jyväskylä, however I managed to remember only a couple of words. Well most of the other students performed as well as me so its straight to the basics for the most of us.

During the week we have learned about our future trips to Tuscany and Naples, and to see some sights in Rome which are quite unknown to the majority of the tourists. We'll see what the future holds!

As a last remark, the picture on the low right corner of the page is from the street I live in. It is very calm and quiet neighborhood in the north-east corner of the park Villa Ada. And one of the best experiences so far has been enjoying a genuine Vespa ride in the Eternal city - benefit of having Italians as room mates!

More texts coming when I am able to write. Arrivederci per ora!

1 kommentti:

  1. Great to hear that you've found such a lovely place to stay and nice room mates whom with you can improve your Italian skills! Waiting to read more about your adventures in La Citta Eterna!

    VastaaPoista