Introduction

This is my journal of the experience I had during my exchange in Rome. The University where I study for the time being is called LUISS Guido Carli which is a small and private but very renown university in Italy. This is a story about history, food and Italian way of life. We'll see how a average Finn from a town of 50000 people can handle the former capital of the world for 4 months...

keskiviikko 22. lokakuuta 2014

Chianti, Tuscany and vacation

Ciao again!

Last week was very intense, with travelling and seeing sights! I received some guests from Finland for 10 days so I had almost the whole week off from studying. During the week I acted as a guide and visited some important sights in Rome, known a little less-known for me. Those coming to Rome for holiday I would gladly recommend the hill of Gianicolo which has an astonishing view of the whole wide city area. Suprisingly enough I came across a villa on Gianicolo owned by the Finnish state in order to teach Roman history and culture to those who are interested - more suprising was the sight of Finnish signs on the wall of the villa which lead to the recognizition of the place.

Apart from Rome I visited the beautiful cities of Firenze and Bologna. Firenze was a little disappointing, not because of the environment but the huge masses of tourists strolling around the city. Bologna was a little more friendlier with its more modern-like atmosphere and a small city center.

And of course, there was the wine of Tuscany...

Last week was mostly spent in restaurants and in the city but I am confident that the next three weeks will be mostly studying and reading for the mid-term exams. Hard studying ahead...

See you soon with the next update!

PS.

Here are some pictures from my last week's journeys. Enjoy!





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti